- Bawdy jokes
- Light touches across my skin that straddle the line between tickles and strokes
- Realizing no one heard me after I slip up and let out a string of curses in an inappropriate setting
- Seeing green trees for the first time after winter
- The fist sip of a brut champagne
- Chance encounters with kindred souls
- Beyoncé performances
- The mixture of exhaustion and determination I feel upon reaching a hike's midway point
- Waking up naked to sunshine in my eyes
- Music festivals
- Playing masseuse and settling into a comfortable rhythm, confirmed by a relaxed sigh
- Walking on the jetway, knowing a delicious adventure is afoot
- Sensual kisses with minty cool breath
- 'Ladies Only' dinner parties
- Catching a great art exhibit days before the installation is transferred
- Playing 70s hits during road trips
- Intelligent political debates
- Brunch after painting the town red the night before
As a professional sensualist, it's my very pleasurable job to cultivate the steamy excitement and unrestrainedness that usually remains the stuff of fantasy, bringing it out of myself and a lover. Music, which acts as sonic inspiration, is an absolute must for that! Everyone has at least one song that reminds them of pure, unadulterated lust. Whatever the record may be for you, when you hear it-no matter your location-you likely get flashbacks to some deliciously debaucherous moment you'd like to revisit. Your mind wanders to memories of a wonderfully spirited partner, passionate exploration, splayed limbs, hurried breath, skipping heartbeats, and delicious moans...Or the record simply reminds you that there are things you wish you'd experienced and haven't yet. So while silence can certainly be golden, the perfect playlist is invaluable.
I've always loved curating soundscapes, and have one for just about every occasion, so I thought it would be fun to begin sharing some of my mixes. Here's an atmospheric end-of-summer one that includes some not-so-familiar tunes that are perfect for clandestine, heady rendezvous-my favorite kind. Enjoy!
I-like most people, I imagine-much prefer to be known through my own words, rather than the opinions of others. It's important to me that we begin and develop our private relationship based on who I truly am. And I suspect it's important to you, too! But in the interest of website minimalism and armed with the self-awareness to know I'm naturally on the long-winded side, my Debut has probably left you with more questions than answers. Problem solved: here're a few tidbits about me you can't find anywhere else!
- I am a mid-twenty-something and grew up between a Thoreau-reminiscent countryside in the heartland and a genteel New England prep school. Midwestern farm girl + cheeky boarding school brat!
- I fancy myself a foodie. And while I love being spoiled with sensuous meals in good company at lovely restaurants, I also appreciate cooking food almost as much as I do eating it. Currently making: green gazpacho and chili shrimp.
- My background is South African and Portuguese, and I'm a third culture kid.
- I'm an introvert and call myself a grower-every meeting allows me to peel back layers and get closer to those with whom I connect. I love a good slow burn and crave authenticity!
- I'm incredibly ticklish everywhere, except the small of my back. Touch that, and I don't giggle; I do something else...
- I hate driving and don't do it if at all possible. Biking/Uber/Lyft/my legs are lifesavers!
- My first trip to Europe was planned (including procuring a passport) and executed in less than 3 days. I would happily do this again.
- I adore literary classics. One of my favorites is The Scarlet Pimpernel. Least favorite: The Picture of Dorian Gray.
- I'm a music enthusiast, play a few instruments, and was once featured (singing) on a children's album.
I am an unrepentant sensualist and have been for as long as I remember. One of my earliest memories involves me sitting cross-legged on a pantry room floor in some state of nudity and guzzling sickeningly sweet maple syrup from the bottle. ( It was being held bottom up and sides squeezed into my open mouth; go big or go home!). I was loving every moment of my childish (over)indulgence, hiding comfortably in the dark and quickly becoming a sticky mess. I'm not sure how much time passed, but I was subsequently caught, my bottom was tapped, and the ravished Mrs. Butterworth was returned to a place on the shelf, this time a bit higher. Needless to say, I found my way to the pantry again...and again...